Thursday, August 20, 2009

Frustrated at work

It's the end of another long week, and I've had about all I can take. I hate my job for so many reasons, it would take paragraphs to explain. Today my boss confronted me about whether or not I would be coming back after I took maternity leave. He's asked me a couple of times prior to today, and I've always hedged around the question, but I finally told him, straight up, "NO". There are many reasons for this: schedule flexibility, cost and quality of childcare, and the fact that I've waited years for the opportunity to be a mother and I want to, well, be a mother! But topping my list of reasons is that I want to get out of the shithole that my workplace has become. I feel like I'm squandering my life and talents away there! There's got to be something else I can do, something better. The economy sucks, sure, but I've decided it's stupid to wait around for it to improve. Sink or swim, I've got to find a way to use my God-given abilities to make money. I just hope I'm smart enough and innovative enough to find or create an avenue.

One plus to hating my job--it's a great diversion from baby thoughts! Not as many thoughts equals fewer worries...

No comments:

Post a Comment