Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One third down, two thirds to go!

Well, I've just about made it to the beginning of my second trimester. I'll be 14 weeks on Saturday. My ultrasound last Thursday went well. The baby is a tiny but beautiful little thing, and was so fascinating to watch! He was jumping up and down like a little acrobat. My bladder was really full from all the water I had to drink, and I don't think he liked it pressing down on him! (I am using the masculine pronoun b/c it's alot more humanizing than saying 'it') I am so glad Nate and I both got a chance to see him. Even though the fuzzy, warm, reassured feeling I had Thursday evening is already wearing off, I can remember back to that day and tell myself that everything is going to be alright. Well, no guarantees, of course, but at least I know I made it this far.

My OB appt. is in 45 minutes, and I will get to hear the heartbeat again. I hope she can find it! Knowing I get the opportunity to witness that sign of life makes all the blood-drawing/peeing in a cup crap seem like nothing!

Gotta hit the road, more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment